Welcome to the OMWBE State/Federal Certification QWIKCHEK
By using OMWBE's Certification QWIKCHEK, you can determine if you're likely to be certified with the State program, also known as the Minority and Women's Business Enterprise (MBE/WBE) program and the Federal program, also known as the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program. This certification is useful for civil engineering and highway construction, light rail, public transportation (e.g., busses and paratransit), airport construction, and airport concessions where the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) provides federal funding and water treatment facilities and water quality projects where the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) provides federal funding. If you are a SBA 8(a) certfied firm or a firm from out-of-state, you may not find the QwikChek helpful to complete. If you have questions please contact OMWBE via telephone at 360-664-9750 before starting the QwikChek.
No personal information is collected during this process. This is simply to help you evaluate whether you might be eligible for certification.
It should take you less than 30 minutes to complete QWIKCHEK. In order to make the best use of your time, here are a few tips you should keep in mind.
- The firm's president, CEO, or the owner upon whom certification eligibility would be based should be the one who completes QWIKCHEK.
- Certification is for companies that are licensed and operational..
- On many pages, you will notice words or phrases that are underlined. Clicking on these underlined areas will take you quickly to the definition of the term.
- At the outset, the only financial information you will need to determine if you are likely to qualify for certification is your personal net worth (for the Federal program only), your firm's average gross receipts for the past three fiscal years, and your firm's average number of full- and part-time employees over the last twelve months.
- If at any point you enter a response that makes you or your firm ineligible for certification, the QWIKCHEK will indicate this and explain to you why you may not be eligible.
- If you complete the QWIKCHEK and it appears that you are eligible for certification, you will be given information on how to obtain the application.
Thank you for choosing this method for gauging your chances of successfully applying for certification. To start the QWIKCHEK Interview, simply click the button below.